Saturday 20 December 2014

Reflections after reading the EduBlog : This futile search for happiness.

Blog Title : This futile search for happiness.


Quotes:

  1. Who plans for happiness? The one who is not happy.
  2. In planning for happiness you are constantly telling yourself that I am not happy.
  3. What prevents your happiness every moment? Ambitions, notions, emotions, beliefs about happiness prevent you from being happy.
  4. That special day is either right now, or never.
  5. A desire of happiness is the sure sort recipe for unhappiness.
  6. The existential party is on twenty-four hours.
  7. You want love, you will not be in love. You want freedom, you won’t be free.
  8. "You are invited. You are always invited. Go ahead and enjoy the party."
Reflections :

While reading the EduBlog I scrolled through the list and tried to look for which reading should I read as if one reading is more important than the other. So, I told myself whatsoever comes first will be read, every blog is said by Sir only.Sir said in the Blog," That special day is right now" and the words relevant to me would be "That special BLOG is right now".
As Sir says in the blog,"What prevents your happiness every moment? Ambitions, notions, emotions, beliefs about happiness prevent you from being happy.", I see that tends to be one of the things I constantly do. I spend time in preparing for the celebration as if celebration is an outcome of preparation. Alas! Preparation keeps me in perpetual illusion, day dreaming.
Every word in the blog hits like arrows specially the one I quoted just above.
It is my notion that celebration is an outcome of preparation.
I believe that certain emotional activities are signs of happiness like laughing, being silent.
It is my belief that someone, some place can give me happiness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment