Monday, 29 December 2014
Friday, 26 December 2014
Tuesday, 23 December 2014
Monday, 22 December 2014
Blog Title:- When the mind is not burning that is enlightenment
Blog Link:- http://prashantadvait.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/when-the-mind-is-not-burning-that-is-enlightenment/
🔹A mind caught in its own small affairs can never be large enough to help others.
🔹Enlightenment is no special achievement. Buddha gave it just the right name-निर्वाण.
निर्वाण means ‘the fire is no more’.
🔹We are all burning. Man is constantly living in a house on fire i.e. world.
🔹Do we see that we are constantly restless, ambitious, afraid, hopeful, insecure, and cunning? That is the fire in which the mind is burning.
🔹When the mind is not burning, that is enlightenment.
Simplest definition possible. The mind is cunning enough to project enlightenment as a far-fetched thing that is very much difficult to attain. This is more like its defence mechanism to ensure that it's existence is not lost. The burning is the fuel that keeps the mind going.
The irony is that ultimately the mind too is looking out to be at peace but somehow is not able to go beyond this burning. It will require a Guru, Grace to make the mind understand that burning is not its destiny and being at rest is simply blissful. The only thing the mind can do is to Pray.
Sunday, 21 December 2014
Saturday, 20 December 2014
Blog Title : This futile search for happiness.
- Who plans for happiness? The one who is not happy.
- In planning for happiness you are constantly telling yourself that I am not happy.
- What prevents your happiness every moment? Ambitions, notions, emotions, beliefs about happiness prevent you from being happy.
- That special day is either right now, or never.
- A desire of happiness is the sure sort recipe for unhappiness.
- The existential party is on twenty-four hours.
- You want love, you will not be in love. You want freedom, you won’t be free.
- "You are invited. You are always invited. Go ahead and enjoy the party."
It is my notion that celebration is an outcome of preparation.
I believe that certain emotional activities are signs of happiness like laughing, being silent.
It is my belief that someone, some place can give me happiness.