Tuesday 30 June 2015

Why do we fail?

Dear,

What does the mind always want? Success or Failure?

Success! Right? Running after success, do  we ever stop running? Have you ever come across someone who says that I  am finally successful now?

Do you understand the meaning of the  word,’finally’? Nothing after this, final, full stop! ‘I fully well and  finally know that I am successful and my chase stops here. After this no  more thoughts of getting this, or obtaining this.’ Have you ever come  across a person who says this?

So, you are continuously running after  success, without ever getting any final success. Right? Intermittently  you get the illusion of success, that is alright. You did something and  you felt successful in that, but it is never final. Is it ever final?  Sooner than later you discover, ‘Oh my god! Not sufficient. I want more,  I want more!’ And that ‘more’ never suffices. Right?

Are we then ever successful? We are  running after success, that is alright. But are we ever successful?  Remember if we are actually successful, then we will stop running after  success. Not getting it? Are we ever successful? We are never  successful. I know that it is hard to admit. But go and find a man who  is really successful. You will have a hard time. You won’t find such a  man who is really successful, who says, ‘Success is mine now, I am not  running after it anymore.’ You won’t find such a man.

So, we are never successful. Right? If we  are not successful. What is the word that we can apply to ourselves  then? Failure. Anybody who runs after success is condemning himself to  failure. The very chase for success is failure. The moment you start  chasing success, you have already failed. But our ignorance lies in not  realising that we have already failed. We remain hopeful. We say, ‘Yes I  have failed, but I still have motivation. I will still go and conquer  the mountains. I will go and pluck the stars from the heaven.’

Failures we already are, but we don’t  realise it, because realising this would hurt us very badly. No? Try  doing that. Try telling somebody that you are a failure. Try telling  the man in the mirror that you are a failure.
Go, look at the mirror, and try telling  that man or woman in the mirror that you are a failure, and see how it  feels. How does it feel?

Bad! Our  self-esteem takes a beating. Right? We start feeling low. ‘Oh! Am I so  unworthy? I am a failure? The ‘F’ word, the bad ‘F’ word, Failure.’  Failures we are, but we don’t admit it. Who admits that? Nobody admits  that.

What does it mean  to say that ‘real success lies in failure’? It means that the one who  comes to realize that he is a failure, stops running after success. And  once he stops running after the success, that means that now he is  successful.


Realization of failure is success, running after success is failure.

If someone tells you to chase success,  ask him, ‘When will the chase end? Because if I am actually successful,  then the chase should end.’ Ask him that when will the chase end.  ‘Alright I will chase success. As per your advice I will chase success  but also tell me when will it end. And how will I know that it has  ended? And can you show me somebody for whom the chase has ended?’ Just  ask this much.

Just ask this much and you will realize,  what is really happening. Admit that human effort cannot get it, cannot  get the real thing, admit that. Surrender to that fact. Surrender to the  fact that the real juice of living lies in peace, and you will not get  peace by chasing success. Admit that love makes life worthy, and you do  not get love by chasing success. Admit that unless you are seated in the  Truth, you will keep suffering. And you do not sit in the Truth by  chasing something else. Admit that whenever you will chase, you will  only go away from your essence, from your real home.

We all are anyway meant to live in our  real home. All chase only takes you away, away, away… Failure means, ‘I  am not chasing anymore. I have realized the stupidity of chasing. I am  admitting my failure. Whenever I tried to chase, that was stupidity. I  admit my failure.’ That is what failure means, that ‘I admit.’
And the moment you admit, you surrender,  you give up your ego, you give up the restless tendency. You are  successful, already successful. When you admit you discover that you  should not have gone after it, it was already yours. There was no need  to run. You are already home.

Is that clear?

RD

No comments:

Post a Comment