Monday 29 June 2015

Does only hard work matters to achieve anything?

Friend,


Play Hard, not work Hard


It is a deep, deep conditioning to say that hard work is necessary. Look at the entire existence around you. Do you think anything, anybody, any creature in existence is working hard? Everybody is simply partying, enjoying, celebrating, dancing. Man is the only one who has condemned himself to labor. Nothing else labors. Though they dance around with vigorous energy, but there is no labor involved in that. Have you seen a river flowing, the way it flows? There is great energy in that, but it is not working. It is not ‘working’. There is so much energy in a flowing river that it runs all your power plants. But is the river working? Look at the eagle that is soaring in the sky. It is not working. There is a playfulness.

Man is the only one who has told himself that ‘hard’ work is the key to success. That is why you are asking this question that what will happen if you stop working hard. It would be wonderful if you stop working hard. Play hard, that is important. Anything that is substantial, comes from playing hard, not from working hard. Play hard, celebrate like a mad-man. And that is life, not hard work, not hard work. When you are playing hard, then hard work just happens, without your doing. ‘I am enjoying it so much that I am giving it every ounce of energy that I have.’


Playing hard is purposeless. You do not want anything from it, except enjoyment. Working hard always has a target. Playing hard means that I am always happy, that I am dancing around. Working hard means that I am so sad that I must get something. They are opposites.
Playing hard means that I am so contented that I can dance and play. Working hard means that I am feeling like a beggar. It means that I must work hard to attain something. They are opposites. Do you get the difference? Play hard, do whatever you want to do but with a deep contentment in your heart. The heart must always be contented, and then your work becomes play. And that is beautiful.
There are two ways of working, one with a heart that is empty. That’s a beggar’s heart. ‘Let me get something. I am studying for the sake of marks. I am working for the sake of salary. I am meeting somebody for the sake of some pleasure.’ This is the beggar’s way of living. The king’s way of living is, ‘I am so happy that I am meeting you. I am so full of joy that I am simply distributing it to everybody.’


AM

To know more about Hardwork you can visit my blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment