Monday 29 June 2015

What is positive energy?

Dear, I am posting some excerpt from my samvaad session on –“What is positive thinking?”
It will surely help you.

Listener: What is positive thinking?
Speaker-What we commonly call as ‘positive thinking’, has no value. What we commonly call as positive thinking is just a projection of our own thoughts upon the situation, and that does not help. It may create a make belief, a dream-like world, but dreams do not help. Reality helps! Clear understanding of what is there, that helps.

If I write something on this blackboard in a language that you do not understand, and a positive thinker gets up and says, ‘surely, something wonderful about me has been written on the board’. The negative thinker gets up and says, ‘surely, it is written that tomorrow I am going to die’. Is it possible to determine which of these two is a bigger idiot? It is very difficult to say. The positive thinker is not concerned with the truth, neither is the negative thinker. Both are speaking out what is already there in their minds, and this will keep both of them deluded.


What would be better if I do not know what is written here; should I think positively? Or should I just try to know, without thinking at all? What is the point of thinking about it when I do not know it? I must make all efforts to really understand, and that cannot happen if I keep sitting and thinking about it, because my thought is limited by my past, I cannot go beyond that. I will only think as much as I already know. Do you understand this?


Can you think beyond your knowledge? Can you think of things that are totally unknown to you? You cannot! If I ask you to think about the Spanish language, can you think? Your thinking is limited by your knowledge, your past, your experiences, that which you have already gathered. Even what you call as positive is again determined by where you stand. The same happening will be very, very positive for one person and very negative for another person, won’t it be?

You can watch this full session –


For more clarity on such topics, I invite you to visit my blog-http://prashantadvait.com/

Q&A-
http://www.querynanswer.com/question/what-is-positive-energy/

No comments:

Post a Comment